Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Jan 5-6

On Monday morning, Larry had a medical procedure. No big deal, they didn't find any problems, all is well. But the after-effects of anesthesia on this big teddy bear of a man I married were quite humorous! I won't go into all the details here, but trust me... Larry is a funny drunk!

When we got home, there was a package on the porch containing a book I ordered a couple weeks ago. I was so excited to get it & read a good portion of it last night. It is called 32 Third Graders and One Class Bunny. It's a book of funny (& some sweet or inspirational) stories written by this teacher, Phillip Done. For any teacher in your life, this is a great gift. He/she will love it! I don't teach 3rd grade, but the things he talks about aren't specific to one grade level or another. He talks about the types of teachers & classrooms (the Shock, the Hospital, the Piler, the Chi, the Natural & the Model Home) and I've already pegged most of the teachers at my school. And just so ya know...if you read this book, I am so Mrs. Wilson. ha ha! Don't hate me for it. :) You can get it cheap here.

Today was my first day back at work after a nearly 3 week long break. Wow. That's a long time to be off work. It was great, though. Today was a good first day back. The kids were ready to be back in school and I was tickled to see all their little sweet faces. We started the Winter unit, learning about winter weather this week. Next week, it's winter animals (polar bears, penguins, etc). Today we made Koolaid & ice paintings. Sprinkle the Koolaid powder on paper & rub ice over it. It smells fruity, makes a cool picture....and oh, by the way....stains your hands like crazy! ha ha! I'm hoping that by sometime next week my fingers won't still be purple.

I'm sleepy so I'm going to go crash now & read some more of my book. Have a good one!

No comments: