Thursday, January 1, 2009

January 1st, 2009

Someone sent me this in an email & I saw it posted on a friend's blog today. I love the questions, so I'm going to share it with you here!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I went to Moberly, MO to meet Bethany in person for the first time. :) (Notice I said "for the first time"? I'd love to go back!) We also had our first Stay-cation! It was awesome!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any, so it wasn't any trouble keeping them. ha ha!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes...Alyssa had her sweet baby Julianna and there were a few new babies at church this year. But most of my closest girlfriends have either finished having babies or they haven't started yet. Total opposite ends of the spectrum, I know....but I love it. I can celebrate w/ the new mommies and compare notes w/ the others.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one who was super close, but I have "felt" the deaths of so many...friends of friends, family members of friends, etc. So many prayers for dying children & adults were lifted this year.

5. What countries did you visit?
Just this one that I live in! :)

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Gosh, I don't know. I feel pretty blessed already.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
early May 2008, on a Sunday morning before we went to church -- Sarah asked Jesus into her heart (can't remember the exact date at the moment, but it was a great day!)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being voted "Teacher of the Year" in May was pretty awesome, but SO far beyond that was completing another year as my husband's wife and my children's mom. I consider my family to be my biggest mission field & having made it through another year with great joy & blessing is a such a sweet variety of success.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmm...I don't know. I mean, I always wish I'd spend more time on the important things & less time on the silly stuff, so maybe time management?

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
nothing major

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Gas & groceries throughout all the months when gas was nearly $4/gallon! ha ha!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My sister & brother in law's. They accepted a 2nd foster child into their home this year...and we're all so glad they did!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one personally, but I could name a few politicians & celebrities!

14. Where did most of your money go?
See #11! ha!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My trip to Missouri in August. I probably drove Bethany nuts for a month in advance of my arrival. With a daily e-card & countdown on myspace, she was probably just hoping that the trip would come & go and be over with ASAP. ha ha!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Rachel Lampa-- Blessed

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? about the same, unfortunately
c) richer or poorer? about the same

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
exercised, eaten better, spent more time with family

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
wasting time

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Scroll back a few days in the archives. :)

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Every day...with my husband!

22. What was your favorite TV program?
HGTV's House Hunters

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
no

24. What was the best book you read?
Karen Kingsbury's "Sunset"

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
"One of these Days" by FFH (love that song!)

26. What did you want and get?
a massage gift certificate (got it for Christmas!)

27. What did you want and not get?
tee hee...the list is long, but it's all stuff that I don't NEED.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
can't remember

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 33 in November. The family took me out to eat. I got to watch Samuel attempt to eat crab legs...which was hysterical.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Gosh, I don't know. It was a really great year. Maybe a vast fortune falling in my lap?

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
quite casual most of the time

32. What kept you sane?
a loving relationship with God, prayer, good music, my precious husband, naps on the weekend, bubble baths with a good book

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Sarah Palin was awesome to watch this year!

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Presidential election

35. Who did you miss?
friends & family who have passed away

36. Who was the best new person you met?
all my new online buddies

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Count your blessings every day. Look around you & recognize the little joys of life; there are more than you may realize. Laugh every day.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
same song I mentioned above (Rachel Lampa--Blessed)

Verse 1: I may never climb a mountain so I can see the world from there
I may never ride the waves and taste the salty ocean air
Or build a bridge, that would last a hundred years
But no matter where the road leads
One thing is always clear

Chorus:
I am blessed, I am blessed
From when I rise up in the morning
Til I lay my head to rest
I feel You near me
You sooth me when I'm weary
Oh Lord, for all the worst and all the best
I am blessed

Verse 2:
All along the road less traveled, I have crawled and I have run
I have wandered through the wind and rain until I found the sun
The watching eyes asked me why, I walked this narrow way
I will gladly give the reason
For the hope I have today

(chorus)

Bridge:
You've given me joy
You've given me love
You give me strength when I want to give up
You came from Heaven to rescue my soul
This is the reason I knowI know

(chorus)

3 comments:

Kelley said...

I just posted this same list of questions on my blog! Loved your answers.

Liz said...

Tee hee! YOU are the friend I commented about having seen it on your blog.

Amber Benge said...

How fun!! This is a great idea. :) I'm so glad to meet you, my new bloggy friend!