Thursday, January 22, 2009

Will it never end?

Ok, so Samuel's got the ear issues. Savannah's been coughing for about 2 days now. And now....Sarah's coughing again.

Samuel woke up this morning saying that his ears hurt. I finally convinced him to go to school on the promise that I'd pick him up when I got done at work. That was about 1:40, so it wasn't all THAT early (he usually gets out at 3:00), but it was enough to make him feel "safe" about going to school. I think he was OK...just wanted some mama time. He got more Motrin & Robitussin at bedtime tonight. He'll take the final dose of his antibiotic in the morning.

Savannah started coughing during the night on Monday night. Yesterday she coughed quite a bit & took some cough medicine. Last night she was coughing off & on all night long and woke up a zombie from it. She was able to go onto school, but by this afternoon she was falling apart, drawing tombstones & saying "I'm dying.....just shoot me now!" ha ha! Poor kid. She was pretty miserable. Tonight I doped her up. Benadryl to dry up all the drainage & help her SLEEP, Robitussin for the cough & Vicks on her feet & chest. She coughed a little when she first layed down, but totally stopped & is SNORING, so I know she's sleeping well! Praise the Lord!

Sarah has been FINE til tonight. She was coughing this evening, so she got a dose of Robitussin at bedtime, too. (I swear...it looks like a pharmacy on my kitchen counter right now!) She layed down & proceeded to cough & cough & cough & cough. When she got up to go potty I gave her a dose of her steroid inhaler, hoping it might help, but it didn't. It's 12:30am now & she seems to have finally stopped coughing....thank goodness. I was hoping she'd be able to sleep tonight. Maybe she will now!

You know, perhaps it has something to do with the weather (sarcasm intended!). Swinging back & forth from the 20s to the 80s in a single days' time.......shifting from thick coats to air conditioning in a matter of hours....it's crazy! That will mess with anyone's allergies & sinuses. Ya gotta love living in Eastern Texas. And just about the time it warms up & Spring hits....then it's hayfever season. Yahoo! (ha ha)

No comments: