Friday, January 9, 2009

Remember those 4 dead deer?

Between them, my dad & his friend ground just over 100 lbs of meat. We gave them some, but still ended up with 75+ pounds of ground meat in our freezer. When you add that to the (about?) 10 pounds we still have from the last deer, that adds up to a lot of ground meat! I am tickled. That means 85 meals that I don't have to buy the meat for. That's 85 times that I get to save paying $1-2 per pound for ground meat. That's a savings of (approx) $127.50! Wow.

(and this is not even anywhere close to all of it....I only took a picture of a few million of the bags)

5 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

That is awesome!!!! Nice to have a handy hubby!

Amanda said...

I don't know what's grosser, this or the original post!!!!

SandyL said...

Well if you can find meat for $1-2 a pound you are lucky...never under $4 here.. You need to invest in a Foodsaver.. Cecil got one for Christmas and its suppose to help seal the food.. We look forward to using it sometime or another

Lana said...

That Rocks!

Mel said...

Oh my gosh! That is a ton of meat!
The extra money savings is pretty nice too.
I've never had deer before. Does it taste close to beef?