Saturday, December 17, 2011

Friday Phone Dump (oops...it's Saturday)

It's time to empty all the pictures off your cell phone & share them with the world! (well, it was actually time for that yesterday, but I'm running behind....sorry!) When you post yours, link back here & leave me a comment so I can come check out your pictures. Here's my week in pictures.

One day this week, I decorated Christmas cookies with a student. I made this one. Pretty sad, huh? There's a reason why I'm not a baker or cake decorator.

I created an account on this website that everyone was telling me about a few months ago, but I never got "into" it. I didn't spend much time looking at it and just didn't grasp what the big deal was, even though many of my friends were raving about the site. A few weeks ago, Savannah started telling me about things she'd found (crafts & funny pictures) on Pinterest so I decided I better go back & check it out again to make sure it was safe. And whoa....it's like a vortex. How quickly you are sucked in! (or at least I was!!!) Apparently I'm not alone. When I mentioned it being addictive on Facebook, I had about 45 "amen" responses. Have you discovered it yet?

I'm really looking forward to reading this book! It came in the mail this week after I found it for .02 on Amazon! I love cheap books! I've been hearing about this one for a while now. It sounds fabulous! Can't wait to get started on it! (But I must finish the 3 I'm in the middle of now first!)

Savannah had a National Honor Society dinner at a local Italian place this week. Since it was a 20+ minute drive to the place and she only planned to stay about an hour, I couldn't justify driving over there and back home only to turn around & go right back 20 minutes after getting home! So Sarah & I stayed and shared a salad and sandwich.

Remember the Christmas Cookie Swap I organized here on the blog? I got my cookies this week! We're all up to our eyeballs in sugar & yumminess right now! How cute is this box that she delivered the cookies in???

One of my favorite Christmas movies....

Fun Christmas craft with my preschool kiddos at a local church. It's a wreath! Cut the center out of a paper plate & glue on little pieces of multi-colored wrapping paper and tissue paper.

My sweet Sarah, waiting for the Christmas parade to begin last Saturday. (No, we didn't give her that bruise on her cheek! She actually did it to herself. Silly girl. Long story.......)

I'm both a little grossed out and fascinated with watching things decompose in our compost pile. Check out the flattened pumpkins that are residing there now! Pretty freaky, huh?

Sarah's weekly silliness with mom's phone. ha ha! I never know what I'm going to find when I scroll through the pictures at the end of the week.


Sorry. No self-portrait this week. I know you're all horribly sad about that. (grin)

No comments: