Friday, January 5, 2007

Friday Jan. 5

Hard to believe that we're only about 5 weeks (give or take) from the 1 year anniversary of Lisa & Kelly's deaths and then about 6 weeks from the anniversary of the kids moving in.  Boy how our lives have changed in the past year.  I'm working on writing up a piece on all the things that have changed.  I will share that when we are done.

I just wanted to share Sarah's dinnertime prayer tonight.  I was so sweet.  She prayed for our meal and then said "...and God, please heal daddy's back so he can bend over."  It was so cute!  She prayed for Savannah's throat to feel better, too.  But the way she worded the part about Larry tickled me.  So many of the kids prayers are simplistic, almost like they're just repeating a memorized prayer ('thank you for our supper, thank you for my family, amen') but this one actually sounded like she was talking to God...not just saying words that bounced off the ceiling as she said them.  I love hearing things like that.

Andrew got in trouble today for lying--again.  He's still really having trouble with anger (well, rather...fury) and lying.  We keep correcting, punishing & hoping that it will change.  Keep praying!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will keep andrew in prayer its going to be a hard month or so for you all. i do hope you all have a good weekend:) prayers for all

Deb