Monday, January 15, 2007

Some sweet moments

After the trauma of Saturday night, it's been cute to have a few really sweet moments in the past 24 hours.  Well, maybe not "sweet" necessarily, but just things that made me grin...and I figure they will make you smile, too.

You may remember that I mentioned Andrew being a hypochondriac.  He loves attention (positive or negative!) so anytime he so much as bumps into a wall, he'll whimper & cry like he's falling apart.  Saturday night when Savannah came home from the ER w/ her stitches, I took some digital pics to show my family via email.  Well...last night, Andrew slipped in the girls' room & scraped his leg on their dirty clothes box.  I told him to go lay down & I'd bring him an icebag (which seems to cure everything around here!).  When I had tucked in the girls & went for the icebag, he wasn't in his room.  I found him in my room---taking pictures of his leg w/ the digital camera.  (giggling)  I went in & helped him get a "good shot" before he was satisfied to go on to bed.

After sharing the cutest boy picture ever (see a few entries back), I need to share this one (above).  I went grocery shopping Friday night.  I usually get home pretty late & everyone's already in bed.  While I was putting up the groceries, Sarah came out & told me she'd had a bad dream.  I snuggled her for a few minutes then sent her back to bed.  Before I went to bed, I went to make sure everyone had covers on them & found her in Kourtney's bed.  It was so sweet to see them all cuddled up together.  They may fight like crazy some days, but they're usually sooo sweet to watch together.

With our kids, we usually require that they're in 1st grade (or older) before they spend the night away from home with a friend.  They've all spent the night with relatives & there have been special times when we broke the rule for some certain circumstance, but generally our rule is 1st grade or older.  Samuel is in the 1st grade this year.  Last night, a friend from church called & asked if Samuel would like to come over to spend the night.  I think he had already packed everything & was standing at the front door before I hung up the phone.  :)  Samuel loves his buddy Coleman!  Thanks for the invitation, guys!

The kids are out of school today & we are supposed to be getting ice & nasty weather...but so far, all we've got is a lot of rain.  Yuck!  Hopefully it'll stay calm around here today & the kids won't get mean & ugly before it's over.  We've been cooped up inside for a few days now due to the weather, so getting out would be good---but I don't see it happening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz...I guess I shouldn't tell you that we are suppose to be at 76 degrees today :) You can send the kids here to run outside and play...lol

Anonymous said...

how cute:) enjoy your week

Deb