Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wed Jan 24

 
Isn't it exciting to realize the depth & power of God's love?  To ponder the fact that He knew me, He knew my heart & my mind, He knew what I'd look like, how my personality would be and all the details of my life.....all before the creation of the world!  He's counted the hairs on my head, He knows the number of the grains of sand in all the world, He placed the stars in the sky & knows each one by name.  He set the earth on its axis & placed in in orbit.  He causes the sun to rise & the moon to shine at night....and somehow I still question things & worry.  My finite little brain can't even grasp that.  And try to grasp eternity?  Wow...that's entirely beyond the reach of my imagination!  God is so good!  He knows me by name, He calls me, He reaches down from Heaven & holds me up with His hands.
 
And somehow I still screw up, I still fall, I still disappoint Him.  My heart is vile & wicked.  But, somehow, my filthy, sinful self is something HE desires to have a relationship with!  This grace amazes me!
 
Please allow me to share a few scriptures that have hit home for me recently!  (Thank you, Melinda, for sharing these with me a few months ago when I was upset about something!  I've still got that email saved.)
 

Those who love me, I will deliver; I will protect those who know my name. When they call to me, I will answer them; I will be with them in trouble, I will rescue them and honor them. With long life I will satisfy them, and show them my salvation. (Psalm 91:14-16)

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:28-31)

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

See, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too hard for me? (Jeremiah 32:27)

Be still, and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10a)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

only a sinner saved by grace:)

Deb