Sunday, January 7, 2007

Sun Jan 7

This morning, Larry is being installed into a new position---Outreach Pastor.  This is right up his alley & something he's excited & passionate about.  His mom & grandmother are coming to church this morning to see him installed into the new position.  It'll be a great morning!  I'm praying that my worship, and that of those around us, is not overwhelming to our relatives because our Sunday morning services tend to be quite loud & maybe a little shocking to someone who's not used to our church.  But at the same time, I don't want to hold back & not give God the praise He is due.  It's a balance to strike.  Please pray that we balance out well today.

And I know this is silly, but can you pray for our dog?  On Tuesday, the kids go back to school & I'll be working...which means that Coco will be tied outside by herself all day for the first time.  (Remember, we tried that on Thursday & the neighbor kids entertained the dog all day....but this time they'll be gone to school too, so there will not be anyone to entertain Coco.)  I know she's "just a dog" & she will adjust, but if you're an animal lover (or even just an animal-liker!), could you pray that she handles the transition well?  I will feel really guilty walking away from her as she yips & whimpers & cries in confusion.  I would really like to move her outside full time ASAP but I know that may still be a while before we can pull it off.  She's still small enough that she can slip under the chain link in a few places, so we can't leave her outside just yet.  Since she'll be tied up Tuesday, I'm not too worried about her getting out of the fence then.  Anyway, like I said...it's a silly request, but please pray for Coco on Tuesday.  The kids would be crushed if she somehow got loose & ran away.

I better run...I hear screams from the living room.  Better go see who's strangling who.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Larry:) hope you all have a great Sunday:) will pray coco adjusts to the backyard:)

Deb