Tuesday, June 12, 2007

whew!

Last night, I got brave.  I emailed the assistant principal @ the school where I interviewed for the ISS job.  I figured I didn't have anything to lose at that point, so I asked if there had been anything I did wrong during the interview...if there was anything I could do different/better or whatever.  See, I could deal with hearing that the other person was better suited for the job or had more experience or something like that.... but if I had done something that jinxed myself, I wanted to know what it was so that I can tweak it for the other interviews.

I heard back from him this morning.  I have the utmost respect for him because he's handled this with both professionalism and kindness, not to mention respect.  He told me that the decision was very hard & took a ton of time because even with finding out that the other person actually had ISS experience, he still leaned toward me.  Ultimately, he had to let the principal make the decision to hire the other person, but it was only because she had experience in our district working in an ISS room.

And so, whew....at least I don't feel like I did something to mess things up!  That really is a huge load off my shoulders.  I can handle disappointment if I don't feel like I brought it on myself!  LOL!

I will press on.....interview at 1:35 today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying all goes well!
Becky

Anonymous said...

good luck:)

Deb