Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thank you guys!

Ya know, when we first came to Rose Heights, one of the first people we met was Melody.  (I won't post your last name girlie, so don't sweat it!)  She was the most sincere, on fire lady.  I knew right away that she & I clicked.  We loved her immediately & she felt like part of our family right off the bat.  She was one of the wonderful people who helped us paint & ready our house when we bought it 5 months later, too!  What a girl!  And her daughter has been great with my kids too.  Nine months into our time at Rose Heights, Melody found Mr. Right & got married.  Larry was able to do the ceremony.  We love him, too!  He was our builder last summer when we added on the bathroom.  Together, they were the family who got Bibles for Andrew & Kourtney when they first moved in and who helped us with a lot of things along that road.  She is now the receptionist at the church & so Larry gets to hang out with her more often than I do.  I'm so jealous!

Anyway, along this path of job hunting, every time I felt frustrated with a job rejection, Melody gently reminded me that "every NO leads to a greater YES".  Of course I heard that & tucked it away in my mind....but was still discouraged at the time.  Throughout the last 6 weeks, though, I kept hearing her telling me that & have held tight to that phrase all this time becuase I knew that God really was up to something great & He had the big YES waiting for me somewhere.  When I got the word today that I will definately be working at Oak Tree in the Fall, it was like I could hear God saying "YES!  This is the one I wanted you to wait for!".  Truely, this job is PERFECT in every way & I'm so excited.

Today when I emailed her that I had gotten the job, she wrote me back & ever so lovingly said "SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!"

LOL!!!!!!!!  That's why I love ya girl!

Seriously, thanks to all of you who have encouraged me to keep plugging forward in this job search.  I knew it would all work out somehow, but having a whole crew of girlfriends patting me on the back, praying for the right thing to come through, telling me to keep going......what a difference that makes!  Thanks to all my wonderful girlfriends!  (& to the guys, too!!!)  You are such a blessing to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am so happy for you and Melody sounds like a wonderful friend:)

Deb