Sunday, June 10, 2007

getting ready for a crazy week....

Tomorrow begins a new week.  Samuel will go to Basketball day camp Mon-Thur.  He's excited about it.  I know he'll have fun, but I'm not all that thrilled about having to get up so early.  Oh well....we'll survive!  We'll certainly be getting up early in the Fall when school starts!

Tomorrow begins my three day stretch of interviews.  I'm reallyyyy pumped & anxious to get to the one in the morning.  10am just can't get here quick enough!  I feel pretty confident about it, and I want to believe that I'll get the job... but until I get that phone call or sign the papers, I'm not going to get too worked up about it.  I honestly want whatever job God has in store for me & if this one is not it, then I don't want to be there.  If it's not what God wants, it'll just be a big disaster & I don't want that.  I want the right place for me so that I can walk in peace & security of knowing God worked out all the details for me.   Please pray for God's will to be done tomorrow.

This morning I kept praying about this in church & asking God to do His will, to remove my agenda & replace it with His.  And then of course, our (brand new!) worship pastor was singing about that very thing---'not my will but yours, Lord'.  I don't want to get overly pumped up & excited about something that hasn't happened and yet I find myself feeling a tiny bit over-confident about this.  However, I don't want to walk in feeling discouraged & powerless when I know that God is my power, God is my strength, God is my provision, God will guide my tongue & put the words on my heart.  So there is a balance to strike there & I'm trying to determine how to feel tonight.  I guess it's not about what I'm feeling, though, huh....I just need to go dig into the Word & spend more time in prayer in preparation for the interview.  And therefore, when I do, God will determine the outcome & I can quit thinking about it.  I'm not worried...but I can't stop thinking about it all!  So many possibilities, so many outcomes....come on Monday morning!  Hurry up & get here!  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck:)

Deb