Thursday, June 14, 2007

Great day!

No, I didn't hear any positive news today about jobs....but it was great for a thousand other reasons!

Today was Samuel's last day of Basketball day camp.  He's gone to the high school every morning this week & learned how to (properly anyway!) play basketball.  I'm not sure how many baskets he got this week, but he had a blast!  Today they had a little awards ceremony where everyone got trophies & ribbons for attending & doing various things.  He was grinning ear to ear when he left w/ a trophy!

We came home from that & ate lunch & then here's the kicker.......I took a NAP.  I real live NAP.  Not just a doze off in the chair watching TV w/ the kids sort of thing, but a NAP!  You know how happy that makes me?  I love to sleep!

When we got up, I decided to get the kids out of the house.  We've been at home most of this week & my stress level has been about eyeball deep.  It was time to get out & relax a little.  We went to Applebee's for supper.  We enjoyed a nice meal & then when it got time to pay the bill, the waiter said someone in the restaurant had already covered our meal!  I suspect that I know who it was (some friends from church came in while we were waiting for our food!), but of course, maybe there was some other sneaky generous person there!  If it was who I think it was.... THANK YOU DAVID & ROBIN!

We left there & went to pick up Savannah's little girlfriend (M) who is spending the night.  We went to the video store to pick out movies for the night & got the kids some candy.  I told the M's mom that my plan was to bring them home, lock them in the room with a bunch of junk food & sugar & let them stay up until they passed out from the sugar high.  LOL!  Seriously, they did get some candy, but I heard them brushing their teeth a few minutes ago, so they were good girls!  :)

The most entertaining part of the day came after we got back from the video store.  This 20-ish year old girl knocked on the door while it was pouring rain.  She was dripping wet.  When I opened the door, she handed me a bottle of Kirby stain remover & asked if she could come in & vacuum my carpet.  I told her immediately that I appreciated the offer, but we couldn't afford a Kirby vacuum.  She assured me that was fine, but that the salesman was trying to win a trip to San Antonio & he had to make so many stops per day to qualify for the trip.  I again told her "we can't afford a Kirby & I won't be buying anything.....but my living room does need to be vacuumed".  She let out a little "hooray!" & flagged down the passing van full of salesmen.  The kids & I then sat through 2 hours (yes, TWO HOURS!!!!!!!!!) worth of watching the man clean our living room.  He cleaned the ceiling fan, the curtains, all the upholstery on the couches & Larry's recliner, dusted everything in the room AND shampooed & vacuumed the carpet.  He vacuumed Samuel's mattress too.  It was highly entertaining & I will tell ya......if I had the money, I would've totally bought the machine.  Definately looks like it's worth the money....but alas, I can't afford the $2100 machine, so I had to let him leave with it packed up in its little box.  It was pretty amazing all the things this one machine can do & it certainly did out-do any vacuum cleaner I've ever seen, but it's just too expensive for me to even consider!  PLUS the fact that Larry's out of the country at the moment......no way would I ever make a purchase of that size without him here!!!  Anyway...a little after 10:30, he had the last of his stuff packed up & he left.  It was fun to have an adult here for a while, though.  I mean, I love the kids, but after nearly a week without another adult in the house....whew....

Oh, and speaking of that.....I don't think I've mentioned it on here yet...  Larry left on a mission trip last Saturday morning at 7am.  He'll be home tomorrow night.  I can hardly wait!!!!!  My sweetie is my best friend & I miss him!  I'm not really scared or worried when he's gone like I've heard some wives talk about feeling.....but I sure do miss having him around toward the end of the week.  Love my baby!  He'll leave Mexico bright & early tomorrow morning & head home.  It'll likely be 9-10pm tomorrow night before they get home.  I can't wait!

Sigh....and so ends another eventful day at my house.  It's nearly midnight.  Looks like it's bedtime.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have a great day:)

Deb