Sunday, June 24, 2007

just a quick update

Last night, I talked to one of the neighborhood teenagers.  She says that they saw a truckload of "drunk boys" circling the neighborhood Friday night.  Later, the group of them looked down toward our house & saw all the TP in our trees & came running to see what happened.  She said that as they approached our house, this same truckful of kids jumped in their truck & took off.

I don't know if that's true or not....don't know if it was actually the teens in our neighborhood.....but I made sure to tell her we were NOT happy & that we'd called the police & filed a report & that they'd be coming by several times during the night to check on things for us....so at least she knows & can pass on the news that the cops are watching!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to get motion sensored lights so its dark till someone walks by that might stop them because they would think some one was home

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz,
This would make my very upset too.  We never had to deal with tp'ing in Higbee, but did have a garden hose cut and numerous small things so I know how it feels to be invaded like that.  Maybe time for a dog?  I know Coco didn't work out but maybe you can find an older dog that you already know is good with kids.  I'm sure this is just a one time event but that creeps me out that they went into your fenced yard.

I hope it gets better for you!

Ann