Thursday, November 8, 2007

32 Facts about Me

I promised that I'd post this today.  It's almost midnight & I'm tired, so I'm posting it now.  Just don't read it til Friday if you happen to still be up!

32 Facts About Me on my 32nd Birthday

 1.  I am turning 32 today.  I was born at 11:36am at ETMC in Tyler.  (It was called Medical Center Hospital back then.)

2.  I met my husband when I was a couple months shy of turning 17, therefore I have officially been with him for 1/2 my life now.
 
3.  I have lived in 10 different houses in my lifetime.
 
4.  I felt a call to ministry of some variety when I was 14.  I never knew that would mean being married to a pastor.  I have a deep desire to work in a Crisis Pregnancy Center or an unwed moms home (something akin to Living Alternative's ministry) one day.  {See www.livalt.org to see what I'm talking about if you don't live locally.}  I would also love to live in a foreign country meeting the physical & emotional needs of some tribe of unknown people (who speak English of course...ha ha) so that I could later meet their spiritual needs as well.
 
5.  I love talking to & forming relationships with kids & adolescents.  Having a very open & honest relationship is so vital to encouraging them to make right choices as they get older.  I have the best time chatting with all the kids on our street as well as my own kids.  We truely talk about anything and everything & I have found that the neighbor kids come to my door to tell me silly things too, just because they like talking to me.  Love that!!
 
6.  I would like to teach/work in an abstinence education program.  The discussions & talks by one lady (Hi Ruth S.!!) who was at youth camp when I was a teenager have stuck with me over the years and I would love to be someone else's "Ruth".  I will never forget all the talks she gave & the time she invested into all us crazy Smith County Baptist girls at Timberline Camp!
 
7.  I have the best kids in my class at school and awesome parents, too!  (Hi guys!!)  I adore my job.  Teaching preschool is fabulous!  Not only do I get to spend the day with sweet little kids, but I get to see their eyes light up when they figure out how to hold a pair of scissors properly, when they learn how to use the "squeezy glue" & not just a glue stick, when they get totally potty trained & come to school, yanking up their dress to show me their new Dora panties.  (grin)  I get to be there to watch them come to grips with the fact that not everything is "MINE" & it's actually more fun to share with a friend & play together.  I get to hug them when their mom/dad isn't there & snuggle them when they feel bad.  I get to hold them and love on them when they're feeling sad or scared and I get to paint with them every day!  I get to see the little boys chase each other in the riding cars on the playground and share tea with the little girls while wearing a silly dress up hat.  I get to make a mess & read stories in a funny voice and jump up & down to test the motor skills of my students.  I get to help them develop skills & friendships and learn about all sorts of fun themed units.  I get to have a fun, exciting relationship with them & watch them grow throughout the year.  (But I've gotta tell you, though....the end of the year is horrible......I hate to see them go.  I always cry on the last day.)
 
8.  I only read non-fiction books until about 2 years ago when my MOPS buddies convinced me to give a few fiction books a shot.  I kept telling them that I didn't have time for fiction stuff, but Francine River's book "Redeeming Love" was THE BOOK that convinced me.  I fell in love w/ that book & went on to read several more of Mrs. Rivers's books before moving on to Karen Kingsbury.  I am sooo anxiously awaiting the release of the next book in the Sunrise series (in February)!  I also love good biographies.
 
9.  I'm a People magazine nut.  I get one every week!
 
10.  My favorite book of the Bible is Psalms.  God took me there during a time in my life when my only choices were to fall off the deep end or turn to HIM.  Reading words like "rip off their heads & throw them into a pit" coupled with "You are so mighty & wonderful God, I love you!" was exactly what I needed during that time --- to see that someone elsestruggled so greatly but was so astounded by the love of God was like therapy for me.  To this day, I still run to Psalms very often when I struggle with anything.  It's such a powerful book.
 
11.  I grew up Southern Baptist, married an Independant Christian church member, moved to a Non-denominational Bible Church & later became Pentacostal.  I'm either really well rounded or totally crazy (you decide).  ha ha
 
12.  My favorite restaurant is Olive Garden.  I usually only get to eat there once or twice a year because my sweetie thinks it's too "fancy".  The truth is he's just too much of a redneck country boy to enjoy a refined dining experience.  Plus, he doesn't like "noodly stuff" as he calls it.  He usually takes me there for my birthday & maybe our anniversary.  He's learned to like it over the years, but would rather pick a steak place for himself.  (which is what we usually do for his birthday)
 
13.  The best day of my life was 8/20/94---my wedding day.....which led to the other best days of my life (when I had each of my kids).
 
14.  It's been 7 months & 3 weeks since they left and I'm still grieving the loss of my other 2 kids.  I guess that's not something you ever really get 'over'.  We received the final custody papers in the mail on Monday.  When we send them back & they're filed into court in their new county of residence, it will be official.  (and for those of you just joining me.... this will catch you up: A new season  then go onto part 2 from the link on that page)
 
15.  I love to write.  Maybe you already had guessed that, though.  I hope to write a book called "That Was Not Part of the Plan" one day.
 
16.  I took dance lessons for about 5 years when I was a kid.  Loved jazz, hated tap, enjoyed drill team but not enough to try out in high school.
 
17.  My favorite color is red.
 
18.  I have 2 older sisters, Cindy & Jennifer.
 
19.  My all time favorite movie is Grease.  I have it on VHS, but I want to find the DVD of it w/ all the fun special features.  I love chick flicks---particulary romances & romantic comedies.  My favorites are The Lake House, The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, Serendipity, The Wedding Planner....that sort of thing.
 
20.  I'm a big sap.  Little things make me cry.  (but the little things are usually the best things aren't they?)
 
21.  I love cold weather.  Here in east Texas, we have warm springs, SUPER HOT summers & still-hot back to school months.  When Fall really kicks in (it has recently) I love it.  But when WINTER gets here, I reallyyyyy love it!
 
22.  I have a very organized mind.  I am extremely anal when it comes to paperwork & details, but the "big picture" usually gets totally lost on me when it comes to my house.  I am a "pile person" meaning that everything is organized into piles....ha ha.  It's not bad enough for "Clean Sweep" to pay me a visit, but let's just say I need notice before you drop by to say hello.  :)
 
23.  I love roses...particularly red ones.  And sunflowers.  And daisies.  And lilies.  Oh heck, I'm a girl...I love getting flowers of any kind.  But don't give me a potted plant.  It'll be dead before morning.
 
24.  My husband is my best friend.  Have I told ya lately how much I love the guy?  He is the most amazing guy.  I'm so lucky!
 
25.  I grew up out in the country & learned to drive in the pastures & backroads.
 
26.  My youngest 2 kids are 10 1/2 months apart.  Seriously.  No, we didn't plan that.
 
27.  If I could be anywhere else in the world right now, I'd pick a cabin in the woods up in the mountains somewhere.  The quiet, the peaceful surroundings, the smells & sounds of nature, the giggles of my kids chasing crickets out from under rocks........ahhhh.....how relaxing!  (oh and by the way, I'd just blink my eyes & be there...no driving, no flights....)
 
28.  I have a ton of online friends that I've "met" over the years.  For a long time I was a stay at home mom with very little access to the world outside my four walls, so I met people online who were in similar places in life.  (moms, people in prayer request email groups, etc)  I've talked to probably 80% of them on the phone at one time or another & have met a few.  One of my very best friends is someone I met online & have only talked to by phone/email for the past (almost) decade.  Hi Bethany!  One of these days I'm going to show up in Moberly, MO & surprise her!  (or you could come here ladybug!!!  hint hint!)
 
29.  I would love to be rich enough to flip a house successfully.  It would be so much fun!
 
30.  I love all of the real estate shows on HGTV & TLC.
 
31.  I dip my Chick-Fil-A fries in Mayo.  Weird, huh?
 
32.  I don't like coffee or tea.  I drink primarily water most days, but include milk, juice & Dr. Pepper in there too!

No comments: