Monday, November 19, 2007

Storm still raging outside, but calmed within

I typed up the last blog post a couple hours ago & just posted it about 45 min ago.  And true to His character, God used music to calm His child (me).

I had to run to the store & on the way to/from, I was listening to my "in the SPOTLIGHT" CD.  It was a CD the youth pastor handed out at church with a lot of current artists on it. 

The first song, "Hold Fast" by mercy me was the first thing to really strike deep within.  The chorus says  "hold fast, help is on the way.  Hold fast.  He's here to save the day.  One thing I've learned in my life is the only thing greater than my strife is His grasp, so hold fast."

Immediately after 'Hold Fast' is a Jars of Clay song that I love.  It's called "There is a River" and it's such a pretty song about the cleansing power of Christ.  The cleansing not only at salvation from our sins, but from the things we shoulder & carry around day to day that we were never meant to bear the burden of alone.

As I cried a few tears & listened to the songs, God asked me very clearly "Would you do it all again?".  My answer was immediately "in a heartbeat".  And with that, a peace settled over me that only God gives & He reminded me to let Him give me one day at a time (in this struggle to move on).  To let HIM shoulder the weight of the pain.

And just like that (snap!), the struggles of today's conflicting emotions disappeared.  Sure, it's still be an emotional afternoon/evening, but I'm going to be ok.  Thank you for the continued prayers.

No comments: