Saturday, March 22, 2008

Good Friday

Good Friday was indeed a "good" Friday for us.  Everyone was off of school & work, so we spent the whole day together as a family.  We had some stuff to get done (grocery shopping, haircuts, mailing a few things, etc....) so we went together for the whole sha-bang.

In the car, there were discussions of the William Tell Overtorture (that's what Savannah called it---she was mistaken, but Larry & I really enjoyed that one) & lots of burping & farting noises (oh the joys of the sounds you can make with your armpits & blowing on the back of your hands).  While I am not typically one to be entranced by such entertainment, I literally laughed until I was crying yesterday.  But only because our precious daughter...our little princess....the dainty one.....was the one who could make the loudest gas expulsion noises.  It kinda blows your mind when the daughter who is in love with shoe shopping can make such sounds.  LOL!  We had lunch at Jason's Deli & remembered why it is we don't go there often--pricey!!!  Even with 3 kid's meal coupons, it was still high.   While buying groceries, Larry & I sat on some bicycles in Walmart to determine what size we'd need if we can ever put them money together to buy them---FAMILY BIKE RIDES!!!.  While we were doing that, all three kids were hula-hooping in the aisle beside us.  I'm sure we were quite a sight for anyone who walked by!  ha ha!

Last night, our church showed The Passion of the Christ for all the adults & had a program for the kids.  Larry went to the movie....the kids & I stayed w/ the kiddos.  While I appreciate the time, money & energy that went into making the movie, I can't stomach watching it.  I've tried...really I have....I just can't do it.  Anyway, it was fun.  Our children's pastor is a lot of fun & hosted a fun evening for the kids.

Today we're going to dye some eggs & make Resurrection Rolls w/ the kids.  That is...after I fold laundry & Larry finishes mowing the yard.  I love family time!

No comments: