Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring Break-- day 2

Whew.  I'm done with the kitchen.  Scary, freaky....you'll see what I mean below.

I wish I could say this is more the exception than the rule, but I'd be lying.  We're a family of clutterbugs.  Make that clutterbugs, all with some degree of Attention Deficit Disorder---meaning we never finish anything we start, and thus the mess.  Now, mind you...we don't live in FILTH, but we live in CLUTTER.  Hence, my kitchen.

(boy, will you know me WELL by the end of this week.......ha ha.......but hey, it's accountability, right?  You'll all hold me to keeping my house neat-ish, right?)

Ok, I'm cringing...but here's the first picture.  This is "before".

And (grinning proudly....) after.  (To my defense, the dishes on the counter are ones I'm returning to the church & the skillet is in the sink because my skillet washer--Larry-- is not home right now.)

My table this morning (before):

And after.  {Ya know...this might make a good place to sit our food for a meal.  I'll have to remember that.}

My pantry this morning:

and after:

My baker's rack before:

and after:  {by the way, the basket to the right of the microwave holds dinner napkins, but the supply is low at the moment...so it's not a useless basket sitting there for nothing}

and some various other angles of before/after pics----

Oh....and here's a funny thing.  For about a YEAR, I've been collecting "stuff" that I need to file away in the kids' baby books in this chair.  Today, I cleaned out the chair.  Someone can sit there again!  This was one of my dining table chairs.

:::wiping my brow:::  Sigh......all done for today's job.  It was one of my "biggies", so I'm glad to have it done & out of the way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love your red cabinents and floors !!

Anonymous said...

I think you are doing a great job and I am soooooooo THANKFUL that I am not the only dining room table that gets totally covered...lol