Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Break --day 1

As I mentioned before, my kids are in school, but this week is my school's Spring Break week, so I am home alone all this week.  While I do enjoy my alone time, I sure wish my kids' Spring Break & mine was at the same time!!

My project for this week was taking 1 room of the house per day and clean up, declutter & organize.  Today was the day for the living room.  Savannah had an orthodontist appointment & dental cleaning this morning, so I got started a little later than I will the rest of the week, BUT that's ok.  My living room needed the least amount of work.  (not really looking forward to the kitchen & master bedroom days...let me tell ya...you'll see what I mean when I get to those rooms!!!)

This is what it looked like when I started.

I wasn't tooo bad, but just needed an overall clean up.  The TV cabinet needed to be cleaned out something awful.  See?

So that was my first task.  I think I did pretty well.  Check it out:

I ended up with a big stack of movies that are going to be given away to friends/family or Freecycle/Goodwill.  See anything you want?

I tackled Larry's little sidetable that sits next to his chair, but I don't really know what he would be OK with me tossing, so I mostly just straightened it up some.

I dusted everything, cleaned off the coffee table & vacuumed after these things were done (oh...and threw away a mound of junk that came out of the movie cabinet & trash that was scattered around the room).  The end result:

Ok, so that's day 1 of the cleaning/decluttering.  You may think this is a silly thing to post about, but hey...it's my life this week.  Skip the posts if you want to...but I'll post the before/after each day for whoever reads.  If for no other reason than to make someone else feel REALLY good about the way their house looks.  You are going to know how much of a clutterbug I really am by the end of this week....but hopefully you'll see the transformation of each room in the house along with me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...


  Looks good to me.  Keep up the good work!  When you get to Sam's room, don't forget to tie yourself to the door knob so you don't get hopelessly lost.  LOL!                                         Grandma who knows.  

Michelle ~ said...

it looks great! when you are done ... pray a blessing into each room!!

Missy said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Such a sweet feeling.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.