Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring Break--Day 3

Today was the day to clean the kids' bookshelves & the 2 bathrooms.  I wouldn't even bother with the rest of the kids' rooms...they're beyond help, especially Samuel's....but the bookshelves have been needing some help for a while now.  Our master bath is only used by Larry & I so I can't blame the countertop clutter on anyone but us.  Here's what it started out looking like.

(sorry for the tampon box, guys....but if you're married, you've seen 'em before!)  Here's what it looked like afterward:

I organized underneath the cabinets, too, but I don't think that's all that exciting for anyone but me.  :)

The kids' bathroom was (shockingly) not TOO bad, really.  I've been trying to go in & clean it up a few times a week, though, so I guess it hasn't been too many days since I did that last.  Here's the before/after of it.

The bookshelves in the girls' room are sorta semi okay.  Savannah's side (the right side) is pretty well organized & has bookends holding everything upright.  Sarah's side, however, needed to be sorted through & re-stacked.  (As soon as I get some decent bookends, hers will look more like Savannah's side.)  Here's that before & after.

Now....Samuel's room is another story.  Like my mom commented about on Monday, I sort of have to go in wearing haz-mat gear & wear a harness with a rope tied to the doorknob to make my way back out when I'm done.  But alas, I tread into his room this morning & found quite a few 'treasures' along the way.  The first thing I saw was this row of soldiers guarding his door.  They were across the opening to his room, so I had to step over to get into the room.  I think they were napping when I came in because no one stopped me from entering.  :)

And here's the project I came to do.  I almost gave up before I started.  I guess you can see why.

I won't dare turn the camera any farther to the left or right because the imagery might frighten you.  I'm leaving that for the boy to clean himself.  But, alas....this bookshelf was my project for today.  As I cleaned off the shelves, I found all sorts of interesting artwork.  I found this policeman picture with the little ducks quite cute.

But wait...is the officer pooping?  :::sigh:::  Boys!

And this alien warrior picture is a common theme for Samuel.  I've seen various versions of this one for a couple of years now.

At least we know the kid is patriotic---

No doubt, a note written for his sisters at some time--

I found some illegal contraband buried on his shelf as well.  No worries....I will dispose of it appropriately (wink):

When my digging expedition was complete, this was the finished product:

Hallelujah!  And I made it out of his room alive, too!

Take a look at all the kids' books I culled from their shelves!!  Hello, library, goodwill & half.com!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice job!

what's half.com??

Sharon

Anonymous said...

half.com is an online bookselling/buying site