Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Day 75, Thurs Aug 13

Things I Liked About Today.......

1. I LIKED making it through the day & after-care hours without turning into a big sweatball. It was a little cooler today than it has been. You know, I think it "only" got up to 98 today. ha ha!

2. I LIKED my simple build-your-own-salad supper. I am always glad to not have to cook & heat up the house when it's hot outside.

3. I LIKE that I got my menu & grocery list made earlier tonight. Taking the kids grocery shopping w/ me in the morning.

4. I LIKED getting Savannah registered for school today. Although I'd like to plug my ears & not hear that she's beginning her final year of junior high, I am looking forward to school starting. New class for me, getting everyone into the routine of the school year....I LIKE that. I've LOVED having all three kids home for the summer, but I'm ready to get back to the school year routine. Getting her registered today was just a reminder that it's getting close.

5. I LOVE that Larry went into work late today (he had permission). He slept late & got in some much-needed rest before work and then still left & got home at a decent hour. I LIKE that he's recognizing a need for setting work boundaries & trying to find a stopping point in the evenings. Of course we realize that sometimes "stuff happens" & he will have to stay later, but he's making a valiant effort to set a boundary & just leave things for tomorrow. With TIME being my love language, it really touches me to see him making the effort to be here in the evenings as much as he can. Have I mentioned how much I love this guy?

No comments: