Sunday, August 16, 2009

Book Review: Rick and Bubba's Guide to the Almost Nearly Perfect Marriage


As a member of Thomas Nelson's Book Review Blogger team, I requested this book with great anticipation. A free, funny marriage book was what I anticipated. The title alone had me giggling. I have to be honest, though. I couldn't get into this book at all. The authors are Christian radio show hosts. Generally speaking, I love relationship books. Unlike my husband who turns up his nose at the idea of reading a book about improving relationships, I tend to enjoy finding 1 little golden nugget in a heap of garbage & can find a way to apply it. This book, in my opinion, really didn't have any golden nuggets. I think the IDEA of the book was cute, but it was dry & boring to me.

I wish I could say it was a great book, but it really wasn't. I hope whoever buys it from Goodwill after I donate it will enjoy it.

3 comments:

McMommy said...

LOVE your honesty!!!

McMommy said...

Ok, so this comment is meant for the post directly below. (Don't ask me why but I cannot click on the comment link!! It won't let me?? So strange!) Anyhoo, I just wanted to say how much I love that pic of you!!! You look so happy and confident and pretty!!!

Liz said...

Well I figured there was no point in lying about it. :) Besides, Thomas Nelson publishing company tells the blogger/reviewers to be totally honest...so I did! :)