Sunday, March 12, 2006

March 11 "Trust & Obey"

I am sorry that I haven't posted in several days. I've had some things on my mind & felt it best not to post while I was nervous & frustrated all at the same time. The things that were burdening me have passed....and while those things didn't turn out the way I hoped, I must trust that it's all part of God's plan for Andrew & Kourtney -- and all the rest of us!

Things have been busy, hectic, crazy, exhausting......and worthwhile. I won't candy-coat it....things around here are hard. Don't let anyone ever tell you that adding two new children (who aren't newborns) to a home is easy. It's not. But I'm so glad they're here! This coming week will make 1 month since they arrived in our home & in that short time, I have seen changes in all of us. Trying to get everyone to cooperate & not fight 24/7 is tough, but I keep reminding myself that we can't hold A&K to the same expectation as our own kids, because they're not our own and we haven't had the past 5-7 years to train them to live up to the expectations we have for our kids.

There are moments that I struggle to keep my focus on Christ and I find my fuse shortening, but God has been good in reminding me in that moment how much He loves me...and how strong He makes me.

Tonight, this song kept going through my mind, so I looked up the lyrics online. It's an old hymn, but certainly one that applies here. It is called "Trust and Obey". Hope you enjoy it.

Trust and Obey

When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word
What a glory He sheds on our way!
Let us do His good will;
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

Chorus: Trust and obey, For there's no other way, To be happy in Jesus, But to trust and obey.

Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss,
Not a frown or a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.

Chorus

But we never can prove
The delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favour He shows
And the joy He bestows
Are for them who will trust and obey.

Chorus

Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet
Or we'll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do,
Where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.

No comments: