Saturday, March 4, 2006

Saturday March 4

Today was long....busy....fun...tiring.

We started off the day with some marathon cleaning. The kids' rooms really needed to be cleaned. None of my kids (bio or otherwise) seem to understand that if you *always* put away whatever you're wearing/playing with, that it will always be in place & you'll never have to have a several-hours-long room cleaning, complete w/ the frustrated mommy breathing down your neck. They wait (or, rather....I wait) until I just can't stand to look at the room anymore & thennnnn they jump into high gear to try to get it done. Before it's all over, everyone's yelling & crying and we are all frustrated with each other. Ugh! I'm getting more organized (slowly but surely)...so this is definately something we have to get a better grip on..... 'cause boy this is tough to deal with every weekend!

Once all the cleaning was done, it was time for Andrew's first soccer game. You have never seen a kid so excited about playing a game. He slept in his shin guards last night b/c he was soooo ready for soccer this morning. I woke up to find him dressed, complete with shin guards/shoes & everything at 6:30am! He still had breakfast smudged on his face, but he was ready for soccer! :) We had a good time watching him play. He clearly loved it. He had a grin from ear to ear the whole time & seemed really "intense" while playing. I can tell he's more competitive and athletic in nature than my other kids. I'm sure we'll be watching lots of sports games in his future!

Kourtney had a few "breakthrough" moments today. She came over to give me spontaneous hugs all throughout the day & asked me to come sit & watch a movie with her several times. What a sweetie! She has moments like this now & then, but I think the drill sergeant mommy who was badgering them to clean their room this morning scared her a little bit. (Or I thought I did, anyway!) I guess she decided that even big mean drill sergeants need hugs & snuggles now & then. :)

Andrew was bound & determined to go to sleep reading a Bible again tonight, so he had to borrow Samuel's b/c we couldnt' find his at bedtime. I'm sure that we'll locate it in the morning when we can turn on the lights & hunt better! Of course, he wanted to look up some verses we had read about profanity last week...but hey, it's scripture he's reading! :)

The kids are looking forward to another trip to the park with Aunt Jennifer & their cousins. We went earlier this week & they all really enjoyed it. Are ya up to it, guys? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kourtney is not use to any one cleaning anything but it will grow on her, soccer is a great idea for andrew, it gives him a reason to run and kick something. i love you all and am praying for every thing to work well, i am going to try to see grady this week, i have to call tomorrow and find out if visiting day is the same in grovesbeck as it is in palestine daniel gave me wednesday off so that i could go see him, that is the only day he gave me off next week!