Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tues 3/28

Sunday was very busy, so I never got a chance to post. Oops!

Yesterday wasn't much better. At 4am, Kourtney crawled into bed with me to cuddle. I love it when she does this! Sure seems like she's bonding w/ me when she's willing to come snuggle in the wee hours. (sniff, sniff....i love the little sweetie!) About 4:30, when my left arm was completely numb & I needed to go potty, I woke her up & sent her back to her bed. ;) Then at 5:00am, Savannah started crying out "mommy, I need you!". I got up & went to her & found that she was burning up....fever! She said her throat was sore, so I got her some Ibuprofen & a water bottle w/ ice water. She went back to sleep & so did I. Usually if she's got fever and/or a sore throat, I can go ahead & assume it's strep throat. I figured I'd give her that 1 dose of Ibuprofen & see if the fever returned when it wore off. That should've hit about 1:00pm. All morning, she was fine. At 1:30 (while we were in the waiting room at A&K's counselor's office), she layed down on the bench & fell asleep. Over an hour later when she woke up, her fever was back. We went to the doc's office & at 4:00 when we got there, her fever was 103! Poor baby! And just as I figured....she has strep throat! Ouchy! Here we are, nearly 24 hours later. After 2 doses of the antibiotic (so far) & a couple more doses of Ibuprofen, she seems "all better". She's perky & full of energy.

Andrew & Kourtney's counseling appointments went well. They really liked the lady & love her office---full of toys & fun stuff!

Today, Sarah & Kourtney went on to school alone (my mom took them). I hope they've done well. I'll go to pick them up in about an hour.

Tonight is Andrew's school program. He's a little nervous, but I know he'll do great! Can't wait!

No comments: