Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Tues 3/28 PM

Tonight was Andrew's school program. He did really well! He was enthusiastic & really "into" the songs and movements. I've got pictures if you want to see! After the musical, it was time for open house. He walked us through the school, showing us all the important things--- cafeteria, PE playground, bathrooms, office, library, etc.

When we got home, I read a book (individually) to A&K called "Remembering Mama". It is one of the many children's books we've gotten from the library about dealing w/ death. They both really liked this one. I may buy a copy to keep since we have to give this one back. After reading it, Kourtney told me she remembers her mama liking art. I never knew this! When I read the book to Andrew, I asked him about it & he said that his mom had a couple of little art kits with some sort of picture & markers that you color. I'm guessing it's maybe a color by number sort of thing? I asked him if he could remember some other things about his mom. He shook his head, but then asked me to pat his back til he fell asleep like his mama used to do. I layed down on his bed & patted for a while, while we talked. He told me that he likes looking at pictures of his mom & pointed to the ones we had printed for him. (Thanks again for the idea, Nikki! Good move!) He said he wished that she could've been at the musical last night & almost looked teary-eyed when he said it. Thank you, God....we're getting somewhere. :*(

Keep praying for these little guys, everyone. I appreciate all the prayers thus far!

No comments: