Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Girls morning on the town!

This morning I took Sarah & Kourtney shopping at a local resale shop owned by a good friend & member of our singles group @ church. Let me just say....I spent more than I planned to....but it was worth it...and I could go back & spend just as much on the boys! The girls thought it was fun to go try on clothes & shoes & such. Now that this shopping trip is done, all three girls have an Easter dress and a couple of spring/summer outfits.

We had to go to a dancewear shop to buy a specific kind of pantyhose for Savannah to wear in this weekend's dance competition & later the recital. While I was paying, the girls hopped up onto the stage area (in the store) and locked arms & started doing high kicks. They were a hoot to watch! The store's owner was there giggling with me & commenting on how cute the little dancers were.

After we shopped, we went to El Chico's for lunch. I figured that was about as much of a "fancy lunch out" as we could handle. The girls were sooo good & ate like little ladies (well, mostly...). While I was taking a drink, Kourtney asked me a funny question. We had talked about this being a Mexican restaurant & she picked up her fork, eyeballed it & said "Aunt Liz, is this a Mexican fork?". I think I spewed Dr. Pepper half way across the table. I made sure to let her know that it was actually an American fork, but it would work for Mexican food. :) Silly goose!

Ahhhh....the fun of having both girls at home with me! What would I do without them?

No comments: