Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tues 3/21

Yesterday was our first day with Kourtney at home w/ Sarah & I. She loved it! We took the big kids to school & went to the elementary school to request teachers for next fall.

When we got home, we made cookies & muffins (at the girls' requests!) and then worked in some workbooks. They loved doing it, but Kourtney didn't seem to understand how to do the hidden pictures pages or the ones where you look at a row of pictures & pick out one that is different. That's ok, though...she had fun anyway & we'll keep working on it! :) They watched a Princess movie and then ate lunch before taking a nap/quiet time. When we picked up the kids from school, she was all giddy to tell them about her day!

Today she went with Sarah & I to our "school" (Mother's Day Out program). She loved it! She was nervous & clung to me every time our classes were together, but in between she seemed to have a BALL! At naptime, I peeked into their room (it's right next door to mine) & she was on the mat with her blanket covering her before anyone else & she totally crashed! In the month since she's been here, she's only taken a nap mid-day once, so seeing her totally pass out & sleep for close to 2 hours blew my mind! I'm glad she fell asleep, though....lying there awake, feeling nervous might've been harder! She & Sarah made "mouse ears" today with their class and played a game, read a story, had music class, recess outside (with my class), lunch in their classroom & then naptime. She handled it all really well.

Today, Andrew got in trouble at school for the first time. Well, not really "trouble" per se, but he had to change his color, which is the equivalent of having to be fussed at. He didn't have to go to the office or anything, though! Apparently he was reading during a teaching time & the teacher fussed at him for not paying attention. (shhh....I'm a little bit tickled that he was READING something as reading is NOT a favorite pasttime of his! of course he needed to pay attention, though....) Also today, he swatted a classmate on the bottom. He claims that they walked into his hand....hmmm.....I don't think I'm buying that version of the story, though.

Aside from that, he seems to be doing well in school. His grades are good & he's doing his homework religiously every day like a good boy. His spelling word sentences are pretty fun to read, too. Most of them are funny, but yesterday he had one that made me sad. The spelling word was "gone" & he wrote "My mom is gone." :::sniff, sniff:::

Tonight we're all venturing out to the church for DivorceCare. DC is a class that Larry & I work in to sort through the emotions & struggles surrounding a divorce. It's such a vital ministry. I enjoy going but have had to miss the past month or so of it. Larry has continued the ministry with his other leaders in my absence, but I'm anxious to jump back in as I can. The boys & I went last week while the girls were at mom's for their sleepover. The kids LOVE it b/c it means that they get to go & play video games in the children's church room for 1.5 hours. WooHoo!

More later...

No comments: