Monday, March 6, 2006

Monday March 6

Tonight was another good bedtime. I layed down with Andrew to read his book for school and ended up reading a letter from G, too. We talked about the reality of dad being gone for a long time & how he'd always have a home here. We've talked about it before, but he seemed to really "get it" tonight. I asked him a lot of questions about his mom & dad---trying to bring up some memories so that he can work through all of that. He seemed shocked when I told him it has been almost a month since Kelly's death. He said it seemed like it had been a lot longer than that. He couldn't name any specific memories of his mom at first. I'm not sure if he's blocking things out right now or if he really has forgotten things. After talking a while, he could name a few things. I told him that he was going to have to help Kourtney remember her mom, because she's so young that I fear she will not have many memories of Kelly once she's grown. I asked if he thought he could write down some special memories of his mom in a journal if I get him one. He agreed to that. :) I figure that will serve more than one purpose.
Kourtney didn't want to go to school this morning, but I think I've found my "bribe". :) I told her that if she could go to school & behave sweetly all week at school, then we'd go to Dairy Queen on Fri afternoon & get an icecream cone. She seemed to like that idea! Her teacher told me today that she had a big grin on her face when she came in & that she'd been more pleasant today than usual! I guess it worked! :)
Sarah had another rough day today. Poor baby girl. I think Larry is going to come eat lunch with her at Mother's Day Out one day this week. She'll get a kick out of that! She's really taking all the adjustments hard. Please continue praying for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the journal sounds like a good idea, I know andrew liked to help his daddy with tools