Friday, February 1, 2008

I can't think of a title for this. So how is this one?

Tomorrow morning, Sarah has a "reader's theater" at school.  This is actually her third one this year.  The first one was right after school started & I felt like it was too soon for me to ask for a day off at work to go, so I got my mom to go in my place.  Sarah was tickled that she had an audience & that Grandma stayed for lunch afterward.  Right before Christmas, Sarah had another reader's theater.  There were a lot of people taking off at work and I believe it fell on the day of my class Christmas party, so again, I couldn't go.  Larry went & stayed to eat lunch with Sarah.  Again, she was happy...but mommy felt like a big heel for not being there!  I promised her that I would be there for the next one.  On Monday when we got the note saying that there would be a reader's theater this Friday, I was so excited!!  Since the program is at 11:00 & we won't leave the school til after her lunch time, it doesn't make sense for me to go to work.  I'd be there for an hour in the morning before I'd have to leave...and if I came back, I'd only be there for the last 30 minutes or so.  Just doesn't seem worth it to me.  Plus, Fridays are Larry's day off so I can hang out with him the rest of the day.  I'm excited!  We haven't had a day off alone together since May!

This evening, he asked if I'd like to go on a breakfast date in the morning.  Since we NEVER go out to breakfast, this will be QUITE a treat!!  We'll take the kids to school & then go find a restaurant that serves breakfast.  I'm not even sure who does these days, but he seems to have several ideas.

After breakfast, we've got a morning full of errands to run before taking lunch & showing up at Sarah's school.  We'll watch her program and eat lunch with her before we leave to go get my oil changed.  We'll probably barely come home before it'll be time to go get the kiddies from school.

It'll be a full day....but a really NICE one since I don't get to have whole days with my precious husband too often.  Yahoo!

No comments: