Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wednesday

My kids are so odd.  LOL!

At just before 1am last night, Sarah tip toed into my room to tell me she'd just thrown up on her bed & needed me to come change her sheets.  She didn't appear to be in distress like she felt bad.  Before I could hardly respond, she was skipping back out of my room.  It was almost like she'd just come in to tell me "Mommy, I'm wearing a blue nightgown....just wanted to tell ya!".  I was baffled by her 'all is well' behavior & got up to see what was going on.  I woke up Larry to come help me on the way out, too!  She did indeed have a little puddle on her bed, but most of it was a trail from there to the kids' bathroom (right outside her bedroom door).  She sat in the floor & watched us clean up the mess while she changed pajamas.  I asked her if she felt bad & what happened.  All she can remember is waking up as she threw up.  And once she was done, that was that.  I really believe that she coughed a lot (which she's been doing) and got choked.  And with her daddy's gag reflex, it doesn't take much to gag & throw up.  This morning, she was wide awake & raring to go at 6:15, so she appears to be just fine now.  I went on & let her go to school but told her teacher what happened.  It's nearly 1pm now & so far, so good.  No calls from the nurse....whew!

I'm home with Savannah today.  She hasn't had any fever today & seems to be feeling pretty well.  Hopefully this is the last day of her virus.

No comments: