Saturday, February 9, 2008

Quite the busy social calendar

This morning began like the past few Saturdays---Samuel had his weekly YMCA basketball program to attend from 9-10.  Of course, today that stretched onward to something like 11:45, but that was due to some glitches with the photographer who was there.  Not really anyone's fault, but it made for a longggg time to sit in the noisy gymnasium of the Y.  Larry & the girls & I had the best time laughing and giggling and reliving some old funny stories about the kids' younger days.  They all love hearing about funny things they did "when they were little" (ha ha...they're sooo old now ya know?).  When we left, all of our cheeks hurt from laughing so much.  Awww....I love those family times.

We came home to pack Samuel's suitcase & eat lunch.  He was invited to a friend's birthday party about a week ago.  The party wasn't until 4:00, but he wanted to make sure he was READY since this would be his first time to spend the night w/ a friend after a party.  Talk about big stuff---he barely said goodbye when it was time for me to leave this afternoon.

After dropping him off at the party, the girls & I went to my sister's house to see their newest addition.  She didn't give birth to this little sweet pea, but she's the baby sister to the little boy they added to their house a year ago.  While his adoption isn't final yet, it's pretty well a done deal.  He's not quite sure what to think about the new baby sister, but he's gradually warming up.  My older niece & nephew (11 & 14) love having 2 tiny people in their house.  They are pretty sweet little people after all.  The new little lady is an itty bitty thing, only about 5 lbs!  She slept the whole time I was there, but I got to hold her & snuggle her anyway.

When we got home, Larry was getting ready for a Gideon's banquet he attended tonight.  We had barely gotten home before the phone rang.  A friend of mine called to invite Sarah to a magic show tonight.  Her little girl & Sarah are a couple of months apart & so far, they've been in the same K & 1st grade classes so they're buddies.  This same little girl is coming over here next weekend to celebrate Sarah's 7th birthday with us.  We quickly got Sarah changed & gave her a sandwich on the way out the door.

That left just Savannah & I at home....which was quite weird because it was pretty quiet.  We watched a couple episodes of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, then Phineus & Ferb and then I switched to HGTV while she took a shower.  She came back to watch most of Trading Spaces with me (I'm soooo glad Paige Davis is back, but I can't stand the new desigher--Goil!).

By the time she went to bed, Larry & Sarah were coming in the door.  Whew...it was a full day.

God is so good to give us good friends & family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I caught Trading Spaces this weekend too and I didn't even know that Paige was gone...lol  Where did she go during the time off?