Monday, February 18, 2008

a Monday at home

What exactly does one do when she has a full day at home?  Lounge in front of the TV watching soaps?  Nap?  Go for a pedicure & massage?  Oh yes.  I'm sure some do those things.  But this chick spent the MAJORITY of the day folding laundry.  Yes, I live on the wild side indeed.

This morning, after the kids were taken to school, Savannah and I began our wild & crazy day at home.  After a quick peek at my email, she got online to play at Neopets.com & Webkinz.com.  While she surfed her favorite sites, I washed/dried & folded a thousand loads of clothes.  Ok, so maybe not 1000....more like just 100.  I realized at some point in there that we were down to 1 roll of toilet paper between the two bathrooms.  Yikes.  That could spell big trouble in a family of five.  She & I loaded up & went to the store for toilet paper & some more Gatorade.  Since I was absolutely starving to death, I got some Chinese food at the deli counter.  Savannah got one of her favorites---a can of Spaghetti-O's.  Crazy kid.

We came back home to eat our highly healthy (ha!) lunches and I went back to folding clothes.  She begged to get back on the computer, but I figured 2 hours was enough for 1 day.  After all, I'm a mean mom like that.  :)  She whined about how bored she was most of the rest of the day.  She spent her time watching a little TV (she's like me--not a huge TV watcher, so that didn't last too long), reading, playing her Nintendo DS, moping about how I wouldn't let her get back online and petting the neighbor's cat.  Yes...it was a full day.

Several days ago at work, I got these gorgeous flowers from my secret pal.  Aren't they pretty?

And a student gave me these pretty tulips for Valentine's Day:

After talking to my favorite plant guru (aka: my mom), I decided it was time to plant them & another flower outside today, so out they went.  Can you see them?  This planter area around the tree is pretty bare, so I decided they needed to fill some of the giant gap!  The one beside the tulip plant is a paperwhite plant that the same student gave me at Christmastime.  I love gifts like these...that is, until I kill them.  I'm not exactly a green thumb.  We'll see how long they last.

After letting the medicine wear off, Savannah has been fever free (except for about 1 degree of a temp tonight), so we're calling her all well & she's heading back to school tomorrow.  She will be glad to be back since she was sooo bored today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful flowers. I love secert buddies :)