Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thursday Feb. 7th

This morning started off with a bang.  At 8:05, we woke up.  There's red flag #1.  We usually get up at 6:30 to get ready for school/work.  See the problem?  We flew around getting everyone up & ready to go and took off running out the door about 8:30.  I usually leave for work at 8:45 and when I got all the kids to school, I still had to come home & get ready for work, so I came back & very hurriedly curled my bangs & slapped on a little make up & left.  I still had to make a stop on the way to work, too!!!!!!!!  Yuck!  I got to work about 5 min late, but no one even noticed.  Whew!

After all my kids left (students), I ended up staying at the school talking to another teacher for a while & left the school with little time to spare to pick up the kids from their schools.  I made it in time, but still it was later than I usually pick them up.

Tonight, a roofer came over to check our roof for damage after our freak hail storm the other day.  Turns out, it looks like we will end up getting a new roof.  Although you can't see damage from the ground, someone suggested to us that we let a professional check it out just in case there was damage we couldn't see.  We did & I'm glad we gave him a shot to see it.  He found a good deal of damage.

And then.....of all things......Larry came in for a quick peek at his email.  When I walked through the room I saw something odd on the screen---our old version of AOL!  What?  How did you do that?  Turns out that the icon on the desktop that I use to access AOL was all that was messed up.  He used the icon on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen to open AOL & voila---it works perfectly!  I have no idea why the icon I have always used opened a corrupted, messed up version of AOL instead of the right one, but hey...whatever!  I'm just happy I have all my favorites & my filing cabinet & don't have to use the yucky other version of AOL!!!!!!!!!!!  Savannah says she kind of likes the other version, though, so I guess we'll have 2 versions of AOL on the computer now.  Whatever!

:::sigh:::  It's been a goofy day so I'm going to get off of here early tonight & hit the sack.  I'm tired.

No comments: