Monday, May 19, 2008

Book recommendation

I am in the middle of reading a Max Lucado book.  I have only read a few of his books & each one always makes me think "wow....he's good, why haven't I read more of his stuff?".  They're good on a different level than my favorite Christian fiction books.  I am excitedly looking forward to Karen Kingsbury's new book, due out in the Fall, but til then I'm filling up on other books.

This one is particularly good, so I thought I'd let y'all know to look for it!

It's called Next Door Savior.  Mr. Lucado is really good at taking a Bible story and creating a storyline to go along with it that really drives home the message of the story, but in a familiar, friend next door sort of way.  It's sorta hard to explain, but totally worth reading.  If you're looking for a good read written in short little chapters that you could read & digest one bite at a time, this might be the book for you!

No comments: