Sunday, May 4, 2008

What a great weekend!

I've had a great weekend!  It all started Friday night.  We had a gift card to Clear Springs, a restaurant here in town, so we went out to eat.  What a treat!  Yummy food with my sweet family.  Afterward, we got home & put the kids to bed and I went to meet a friend for a Coke before I went grocery shopping.  I always put the kids to bed & then go to the store for groceries, so that wasn't out of the ordinary, but the friend I was meeting was "me" a few years ago.  You see, she's the mom of one of the kids in my class at school.  She's going to start teaching this Fall & she was nervous about that and has lots of questions.  I say she's "me" a few years ago, because I remember feeling that way.  Now, all year long, there have been parents of "my" kids who I looked at as not only a parent in my class, but a potential friend...someone I could see myself hanging out with & really enjoy talking to.  Friday night confirmed that for this lady.  We met at 8:30 and started talking.  We did talk about teaching & school, but we talked about a lot of other things too and before we knew it, we looked down & realized it was 11pm!!!!  I did my grocery shopping really fast & got home just past midnight....but it was worth it.  I had a good time getting to go have a "girl's night" with her.

Saturday was another great day!  The church has a Mother/Daughter party each year for Mother's Day.  This year it was a Pep Rally theme.  There were cheerleaders there to teach the little girls a cheer for their moms.  There were craft tables set up where they could make necklaces & key chains for their moms.  There was a table where they could decorate a megaphone to take home.  They served nachos & hot dogs & popcorn (like the snacks at a ball game).  It was fun!  The girls & I enjoyed it.

That evening, we went to a Co-ed baby party for some friends of ours who are having a baby in July.  We got to see baby Bella's room & visit with the couple and lots of other friends while chowing down on some really good BBQ.  Yum!  Congrats Mandy & Jason!  Can't wait to meet your little sweetie!

But above all the other cool things that happened this weekend, today took the cake.  Early this morning, Sarah got saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is an email I typed up to send to family & friends early this morning right after it happened:

For the past month or so, Sarah has been coming to me relatively often to confess some sin.  It's always been sort of comical because she tells me about things that happened LONG ago.  For example, one of them was from 3 years ago "when we first moved into this house, I told our neighbors something & then later I changed my mind, so that was lying."  We did finally convince her that changing her mind & lying aren't the same thing.  But each time, she is obviously broken & convicted about whatever it is, though, because every time, the confessions have come with tears & a very humbled attitude.  At least twice a week, she's confessed something and each time we've comforted her & let her know that we forgive her, and each time, Larry & I have talked about how she must be "getting close" to salvation because she's so aware of her sins.
 
This morning it finally happened.  She walked into my room, again crying & humbled like she has been each time she's "confessed", and I really expected that to be what she was coming into my room for.  But instead, she said "Mommy I'm scared to tell you that I asked Jesus into my heart."  (I believe she meant she was nervous about talking about it.)  We talked and she could answer every question I asked her about it.  She said that she asked Him into her heart a few weeks ago at church, but since I don't know the circumstances or the date, I'm just saying that TODAY was the big day.
 
Larry is already at the church, so I called him & put it on speaker phone and we told him the news & have made the plans for him to baptise her at the next baptism service.  They're actually having one TODAY, but that's too short of notice for everyone, so she'll get baptised next month & Larry will do it.
 
I am pumped.  Thank you, Jesus for the conviction of the Holy Spirit she's clearly felt.  Obviously the Word is true...she's been indwelt by the Spirit & has been confessing things right & left.  Thank you, Lord, for her salvation!  Isn't God GOOD!!?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Hallelujah!  Thank you, Lord, for an awesome weekend!
I'm anxious to get back to school & start our weektomorrow.  This week, we'll focus entirely on Mother's Day.  We'll talk about our moms & make loads of cool crafts that the kids will take home at the end of the week.  It's going to be fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...


 What a joy to know that as of now, 9 of the 10 grandchildren have accepted Christ as Lord of their lives!   I think I have told everyone I have seen today and emailed the rest.  Praise the Lord!  He has done great things.  He's so good to me!I am thankful for 3 great sons-in-law who are bringing up "our" children to know the Lord.  God is good, all the time!
                                              Thankful Grandma

Anonymous said...

I would imagine that your and Larry's feet haven't touched the ground yet.

That is good news! And I know your parents are quite pleased.

Much love from Central Ohio!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Sarah! Awesome news! :)
I'm glad you had such a nice weekend! :)
Love, Alyssa