Monday, May 19, 2008

old friends

In 9th grade, a girl moved to my school & we became quick friends.  We spent most of our high school years in classes together and ate lunch together most days.  When we graduated from HS, Lisa went into the Air Force and I got married & moved away.  Somehow, however, we kept in touch.  She was stationed all over the world (quite literally!) over the course of the next 5 or 6 years after we graduated from High School.  She met a sweet guy while she was stationed in Japan & they got married.  Since they got married, they've had 3 kids and she left the military.  Her husband is still in the Air Force and together, they have moved several times.  Right now, they are in the States.  Though they're still several states away from me, we have been able to visit a couple of times when they come through to see family.  It's always fun to see the way our kids play together.  Although they've only seen each other a handful of times in their lifetimes, they always act like old friends who've never missed a day of being together.  They play so well!  Tonight, Lisa and her family were in town so we met at McDonald's for supper.  It was such a nice treat to see her sweet family!!  And of course we had to get a picture!

Not a great hair day for me....but oh well!  I love my sweet girlfriend.  I'm so glad I got to see ya, Lisa!

No comments: