Wednesday, June 10, 2009

SUMMER DAY 11, Wed June 10

The day is not over yet & I still plan to post about Family Camp @ church tonight, but I had to get this in writing before I forget it!

Samuel is such a loon sometimes. And he's one of those kids who doesn't even TRY to be funny....he just is!

Today, on the way home from Cub Scout day camp we passed the rehab hospital. I was explaining to the kids what rehabilitation is (not drug rehab...we'll cover that a little later in their lives!). Anyway, Savannah was asking questions about people having to learn how to walk all over again after some injuries or surgeries. Samuel heard that conversation & said (in the most serious tone ever!) "Yeah....I had to learn to walk again after my surgery."

Savannah & I busted out laughing. It's so sad to hear that my son had to relearn to walk after having tubes put in his ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we asked what on earth he was talking about, he said "well, you know, when I woke up I couldn't even sit up alone because I was so sleepy! It was hard to walk when I got up!". I love his innocence, but it sure was funny!!!

As we continued on the drive, he told us how each group gets to do a skit each day & today he had a skit idea. He told his group about it & they all brainstormed and basically they ended up going with another kid's idea. He wasn't very happy about that & he was saying how it made him upset that they'd picked someone else's idea. He punched his right fist into his left hand & said "He better hopes that he never meets me in a dark alley." I was a little shocked that he'd say such a thing & very sternly asked him "Exactly what do you plan to do to him in a dark alley?". He stopped, thought about it for a minute & said "Give him a cheeseburger........and then knock it out of his hand."

The little goober!! If that's the most "tough" thing he can think of, I think we're gonna be okay.

1 comment:

Alyssa @ CrazyBusy said...

ROFLOL!!! That kid! :) He's a riot. "Give him a cheeseburger and then knock out of his hand." That child is fierce, Liz. Better keep a close eye on him. ;) Oh my word. :)
Squish Samuel for me!
Love, Alyssa