Friday, June 5, 2009

SUMMER DAY 7, Fri June 5

This morning, Savannah had an orthodontist appointment at 10:00. Afterward, we met one of my ex-students & her mom at the fire station for a tour. I took lots of pictures, but I'm just going to share this 1. The sun was in Samuel's eyes so while he doesn't look real thrilled, I can assure you that he was the one most "into" the tour. He climbed into every seat in the truck without hesitation & really enjoyed hearing the fireman talk. Of course, he made it clear on the way home that he doesn't want to be a fireman. No thanks....he wants to be a chef...and a lawyer...and a professional skateboarder...and the list goes on. But fireman is not on the list.


After Savannah's appointment, we had a few minutes to spare before we had to be at the fire station. I've been wanting to take some pictures of the kids at The Children's Park in town, but have never had a chance to stop. I knew we wouldn't have long, but I figured even if we only stayed 10 minutes, I could snap a few pictures. I'm now convinced that we must go back as a family & do this again with a friend there to take pictures for us!

Here is Sarah on the waterfall.

The other kids quickly followed her up!


Savannah & Samuel liked the rocks in the stream.


Me & my sweet boy

and me & the girls


The waterfall is so pretty!


Probably my favorite picture of all! These giant teddy bears are so sweet to look at & the kids readily posed with them...and everyone smiled. Trust me, that NEVER happens with these three who typically argue (with each other) about having to take a picture at all.

The Children's Park is a beautiful park designed in memory of children who were miscarried, stillborn or lost in infancy. It's a really pretty place to bring children for pictures, to have a quiet time alone or just to sit & think. It's well-known in our town as a beautiful location for family pictures. There is no playground so I figured my kids would poo-poo the idea of hanging out a park without a slide or swings. Instead, they loved it & all three asked if we could go back sometime. Between the giant teddy bears, rock waterfalls, bridges to cross & the stream to play in, they were in awe. We will definately go back sometime!!

2 comments:

SandyL said...

Looks like a nice park and your photographers did great taking the pictures that had you in them :)

McMommy said...

Ohhhh!!!! That giant teddy bear pic is my absolute favorite!!! So absolutely sweet and cuddly!

Also love the ones of you and your kiddos! It's so nice when the mom actually is IN the pic with her kids....we always seem to be on the other side of camera all the time!