Saturday, June 13, 2009

SUMMER DAY 14 & 15 (Fri June 12 & Sat June 13)

Friday June 12:
What a fabulous morning!! I woke up bright & early (about 7:00) to get Samuel & Larry out the door to work & Cub Scout day camp and then I crawled back into bed to read my book. I've been working on this book for a week or so. I was "this close" to the end, so I had to finish it!! I know I've mentioned it before, but I loveeeeeeee Karen Kingsbury!! Her books are SO good. As soon as I finished this one, I got on Barnes & Noble's website & found a used (cheap!) copy of the last book in this series. Gotta finish it!!


When I finally got up & moving, Savannah made this.

Really, I just supervised. It was her first time to attempt to make something like this completely on her own & she did great! She needed a little instruction here & there, but she did really well.






Unfortunately I didn't get a shot of it before a piece got cut....but you get the idea! Way to go, Savannah! :)

It's my goal to teach each of my kids how to do the laundry at age 10 & how to cook a meal (even a very simple one!) at age 13. Savannah is well-versed in using the microwave to heat up things, but she hasn't cooked a full meal just yet. I must say, however, that there have been a few times when I was sick as a dog & she took care of the house for most of the day so I could rest, including simple meals like frozen chicken nuggets (microwave!) and cereal. She is well on her way to being a good wife & mommy!

We had a quiet family evening at a friend's pool before I went to the grocery store. It was a nice way to relax & end our week.

Saturday June 13:
This morning, we went to my sister's house for my brand-new niece & nephew's adoption party! We had a lot of fun. They had a bounce house, pony rides, cake & pizza and lots of friends & family there to celebrate their "Gotcha Day". On Thursday, they went to court & made it all official & final so today we had a party!!

This is my mom holding my new niece, Kate. She is 16 months old.


And my nephew, Jake, who led me by the hand to the bounce house. We were in it by ourselves, just he & I, so of course I had to snap a picture or two. I realize this isn't the best picture...sorry! He's not a big fan of the camera. Jake is 2 1/2.

And their big cake! It said "Twice the blessings, twice the love". Sorry...the lens on my camera fogged up from all the humidity outside!!

We're so excited to have Jake & Kate as part of our family now!!!!! I love you sweet boy & girl! It's my honor to be your aunt!

And last but not least, this is me & my 2 sisters. That's me on the far left, Jennifer (Jake & Kate's mom) in the center, and Cindy on the right. Check out how DARK their hair is compared to mine.

No comments: