Tuesday, June 2, 2009

SUMMER DAY 4, Tues June 2

Last night, Savannah & Sarah spent the night with my niece. I really wasn't sure how to feel about that because typically when the 3 of them try to do anything together, Sarah gets left out & made to feel like the tag along little sister who is bugging them. Thankfully this time, I don't think that turned out to be the case. I asked her about it tonight at bedtime & she didn't seem to have any negative memories of last night.

While the girls played at my sister's house, Samuel & I went to work. He talked my ear off on the way to work (I finally had to ask him to hush because he was driving me nutty) but he did great the rest of the day. It was so sweet to watch him helping all the little kids this afternoon. I signed up to work After Care, my school's extended hours care for children to stay an additional 90 minutes. Since I'm working it, my kids have to go out to the playground with me & "endure" After Care. I loved watching Samuel help kids down the slide, push little girls on wheeled cars and hold open the trashcan lid for a shorter little one who couldn't reach. I'm so proud of him! What a gentleman!

We picked up the girls after work & came home to watch Arthur on PBS, do chores, have some quiet reading time and then make supper. Unfortunately, Samuel ended up getting grounded from playing outside tomorrow because he wouldn't do his chores. Such is life.

Tonight, Larry & I went on a long walk around the neighborhood & really enjoyed having the quiet time alone to talk.

And voila...that's our 4th day of summer. Pretty exciting, huh?

No comments: