Tuesday, June 2, 2009

SUMMER DAY 3, Mon June 1

I had to go to a work day at the school today, so the kids went on a "field trip" with Grandma and Grandpa. They went back to the drive-thru safari we went to last summer. They had fun...and this year, the emu didn't even try to get into the car with them. ha ha!

Before they left, each of the kids got a copy of this week's Bible verse. I hung one on their bathroom mirror so they'd each see it a thousand times this week and I gave them a copy next to their breakfast plate. This copy is on the vent-a-hood above the stove so I'll keep seeing it all week, too!



We put up the summer reading poster for the kids to start working on as well. We didn't get to it today, but that's mostly due to laziness on my part. I was kind of worn out mentally so I didn't push a reading time. We'll do that tomorrow.



The kids have new chore lists for the summer, too. A couple weeks ago, I sat down with all three kids and told them which chores had to be done weekly, daily, twice a week, etc and had them volunteer for which ones they wanted to do & how often they wanted to do it. I told them that if I had a chore no one wanted, I'd just assign it, so I had a lot of ready volunteers. ha ha (Honestly, I think I only had to assign 1 chore, so it went better than expected.)



And last, but certainly not least, we got this announcement in the mail today (you can click it to make it bigger). My sister & brother in law have been in the process of adopting my newest niece & nephew. It's all finally done. All they have left is their court date to finalize it all & make it official. I've editted the pic to not disclose private information, but I wanted to share this sweet announcement!

3 comments:

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

Way to be organized, mama! I am amazed that you wipe your light switches and doorknobs daily! And congrats on your niece and nephew!!

Amanda said...

Congrats to your family!!! I love that announcement, what a wonderful idea!!

Candice said...

Oooh. I need to update and redo our chore chart. Thanks for the reminder! Looks like you all are having a great summer so far! :)