Wednesday, June 3, 2009

SUMMER DAY 5, Wed June 3

Just a few pictures of our day!

My sweet Sarah during quiet time today. But wait...the angle of that picture is suspicious. Yes, that's my coffee table I'm seeing just past her...and the blanket on the edge of the pic is up on the back of the couch she's sitting on. Wait! It appears that a certain little boy was climbing on the back of the couch to take this picture. Hmmm...looks like we may need to have a talk about climbing the furniture again.


You may recognize Blue Bunny from Samuel's surgery pictures. Here you'll see Blue Bunny with his extended family. Apparently they were in for a family reunion during quiet time. I think I have a little boy who is a photography student in training.


During our quiet reading time:




And I hope you will click this one to make it larger. This afternoon, it began to rain. It wasn't in the forecast that I had seen last night, so we weren't expecting it. Sarah always enjoys "watching" the rain, so she went out onto the front porch with a little stool & just sat to watch the rain fall about 5:30. She had only been outside a few minutes when Larry pulled in the driveway from work. I figured he might wonder why our youngest child was sitting on the front porch by herself in the rain (ha ha) so as he got out of his truck & headed toward the door, I leaned out & simply stated "She's watching the rain." He grinned & handed me his briefcase & said "I think I'll join her." And he did. He sat his work clothes-clad self on the dirty wet porch & watched the rain with his little girl. :::sniff sniff::: I love this man.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

i love the rain picture, that is so sweet.

Amanda said...

Precious!!!!!!!!!

Brian Stinecipher said...

This is truly a picture you'll treasure the rest of your life. So glad you got to disturb some electrons in order to capture it.