Monday, November 23, 2009

NaBloPoMo - November 23


So...how does a wild & crazy girl like me spend her day off work with no hubby or kids around? Let me see if I can show you!

After I took the kids to school, the first order of business was some quiet time with God. I'm in 2 Chronicles right now.

Then I checked my email & got a little carried away playing some games on Facebook. I don't just sit & play computer games too often, but it was fun to do it today. In fact, I discovered a new game called TriPeaks Solitaire & really enjoyed it, but I figured out how to play it with real cards & will be trying that soon with the kids!

After sitting for so long, it seemed to only make sense to get up & go accomplish something. So I tackled the last bit of laundry that was remaining from Saturday.

I usually use a different brand, but Tide was on sale a couple weeks ago. I kinda feel 'fancy' using Tide, though. It's usually out of my price range, so when it was on sale, I jumped on it. I know, it really is the little things that make me happy!


Then, speaking of those little things, I got out my Dr. Pepper, which I bought yesterday & saved for my lazy day (today!) and the cleaner wipes & got busy in the kitchen.


At this point, it was lunchtime, so I ate some of the leftover ziti from Saturday night. Then, I made some pumpkin bread.

Once it was out of the oven & cooling, I decided that a day of relaxing & laziness simply isn't complete without a nap!

(and yes, I really was asleep when I took this picture. Seriously. Why don't you believe me?)

Of course, after the earlier baking, lunch & breakfasts that were eaten, there were dishes to be done.


By this time, it was time to go pick up the kids from school. This is the elementary school where Samuel & Sarah go.


When we got home, Sarah was a little flustered. She's super nervous. You see, she found out today that she got one of the lead roles in her upcoming 3rd grade Christmas program at school! Hooray!!! She will play Mrs. Claus in the school's production of "Santa Goes Green"! Remember, this is my shy child who gets really upset if she walks into the room & everyone turns to look at her & wave a friendly Hello. Being on stage in front of all the moms & dads trying to remember lots of lines had her completely freaked out. After talking about it & running through the entire play with me, we discovered that she already knows ALL the lines. It just took a little run-through for her to see that she would be totally fine to do this part!

This is the paper she got at school today stating which part she had been awarded. One for the baby book!

Savannah gave her some tips about how she prepared for a big role in a church musical a few years ago. She talked about setting up a lot of stuffed animals to "play" the roles of all the other parts in the musical & practicing her lines with them. SO cute! It helped.

Of course, then my bed turned into a circus where all three kids came to play with the animals. ha ha!

Oops....I should back up. Before Sarah & Savannah practiced Sarah's lines, we went out to play. I pick up an extra kiddo from school every day. He stays with us til his parents get off work. I got a short video of he & Samuel playing today. How fun is this?



Sarah & I were watching them throughout the whole thing, laughing & wincing every time they crashed. I JUST KNEW I was going to video one of them breaking their arm/leg/head/back, etc. At least we could tell the doctor exactly what happened, right?


After we played outside, everyone came in & THAT is when the kids played w/ their animals on my bed.

Soon after, it was time to cook supper. Tonight I made something called Black Bean Nacho Bake. It was pretty tasty. It looked like this.

Of course, no day would be complete without a visit to my blog. (I'm there now!)


And that's pretty much been my whole day!

On a side note, I will temporarily be using a new camera & the pictures are not quite as sharp as those taken previously. If you see a difference in the pictures on my blog, that is why. You see, the camera I've used & adored for about 18 months now, this one........

.....yeah, well, it crashed this week. Literally.

As in, it fell off the counter in my classroom & obtained a little damage. I guess I shouldn't say a "little" damage when it now looks like this.

See that springy thing sticking up? That's where the shutter & zoom toggle used to be. I thought I got it fixed over the weekend, but the whole thing fell apart again Sunday. I'm so sad.

Alas, I am grateful for the fill-in camera I have in the meantime!! Thank you Kristi!

My dear friend had a point & shoot that she got in a bundled package with some other computer equipment, so she sold it to me super cheap. It isn't perfect, but it will certainly do the job til I can afford to replace the old camera with something a little nicer. It was time for an upgrade anyway!

Tomorrow morning, I will walk Samuel in & stay at the school for a while. His class is doing a Thanksgiving breakfast and I am in charge of bringing 24 pancakes! (I may kill him if he signs me up for something next time without asking me first. I would've gladly volunteered for something, but I probably would've gone for something a little less time consuming than 2 dozen pancakes. Oh well, I'm off work. There's no better time than bright & early tomorrow morning, I guess!)

No comments: