Sunday, November 8, 2009

NaBloPoMo- November 8

I have cookies in the oven. At 11:41pm. I know, I'm nutty.
You see, I'm a preschool teacher. And as all good teachers & parents of young children know, the kids get to bring treats to share with the class on their birthday. Tomorrow is my birthday, so I need some treats to share, therefore the cookies. Of course, they're chocolate chip cookies. I thought about serving them to the kids as our snack in the morning. At 9:45. But then I decided that I'd like to enjoy the rest of the day. There's nothing quite like a sugar-fueled room full of 3 year olds. I think I'll hold off & share them after lunchtime.

On a completely different subject, today was a great day! I am feeling a little selfish & goofy tonight. I'm on Facebook, as many of you know, and it has this fun little feature that alerts you when anyone on your friend list has a birthday. It usually alerts your friends 1-2 days before your actual birthday. Late last night I got a birthday wish or two. But today, wow....the floodgates opened. I am totally WOW'd by the number of birthday wishes I've received! I mean, really, WOW. Did I say WOW? I can only imagine what tomorrow is going to look like. You know how we all like to open a present or get mail? This is like that I guess, only a digital version. Instant gratification every time I get online. I may be a little big-headed & giddy by the time I get in bed tomorrow night! ha ha!

Tomorrow is just another day in the grand scheme of things. No big birthday plans. I'll go to work during the day. Tomorrow evening I have a staff meeting at work to attend. Oh yeah, wild birthday partying going on here. The other night while we were grocery shopping, Savannah spotted a Sara Lee cheesecake in the freezer section, so I got it! I love cheesecake, so it will serve as my birthday cake. And I still have the fun birthday streamers banner hanging on my classroom door, so I'll get to enjoy that for 1 more day. It's funny how, as we get older, it doesn't take as much to make us happy. Me? I'm thrilled with chocolate chip cookies for my class, cheesecake at home, sparkly streamers on my classroom door & time with my family tomorrow. What did you do for your last birthday?

Tomorrow's post will be my birthday post. Look for 34 things about Liz tomorrow night. And if you want to get real crazy you can look up last year's birthday post where I posted 33 things. Wait....don't do that. I may repeat some of last year's things, so I don't want you to see how redundant I may be! ha ha!

2 comments:

Amber Benge said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to LIZ, happy birthday to you!!!!!!!

Love ya girl!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

34!!!! You are so young!!!!!! I am feeling old now....

Enjoy your youth!

LOL!
:-)