Saturday, November 7, 2009

NaBloPoMo - November 7

First off, I love being in a birthday club! My birthday is coming up & almost every day I'm getting packages in the mail with fun stuff in them. Today I got a giant hershey bar, a bag of pistachios, a cute little notepad & a Barnes & Noble gift card. I just love getting mail!!!

Aside from birthday mail news, it was a very nice day. Larry & Samuel went on a Sunday School class Father/Son campout last night so the girls & I slept late. (you know...I got to stay in bed til 8:15 and the girls slept all the way to 7:00am)

When the 'boys' got home, Larry pointed out that Samuel's tennis shoes had a hole in the toe, so we needed to make a trip to the shoe store. It was fun to find that Payless was having a BOGO sale! Hooray! I needed a new pair of black flats! While we were out, we bought the last couple items for our Operation Christmas Child box. It's all packed up & ready to go back to church tomorrow.


Obviously the girls are a little bit excited to see the holidays approaching. Anybody want to guess what this paper chain is a countdown to?

Samuel & Sarah spent hours & hours working on sand castles (well, dirt castles, it's not sand!) in our backyard this afternoon. This one is Samuel's.

And this one is Sarah's.

Can you tell who spent more time rolling cannon balls than building the castle? (grin)

Tonight, Larry & I were standing in the bedroom talking when we heard Samuel shouting (err...cheering!) for something on TV. We heard something like "Just a little further Johnson! Go! You can do it!", so we had to come see what was up! Check out what he was watching. ha ha ha ha!!


It's about time for me to hit the shower & study my Sunday School lesson for tomorrow morning one more time before I crash. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Amber Benge said...

I think Samuel and my husband could be best friends forever.