Tuesday, November 10, 2009

NaBloPoMo - November 10


Tonight was the kids' elementary school PTO meeting & Veterans' Day program. The PTO meeting part was as exciting as it always is (ha ha). But the sweet Cub Scouts made my night with the Veterans Day program. Samuel was one of the flag carriers for the ceremony. See?


I wish I had gotten a picture of another part of the ceremony, but I didn't. The most precious part of the whole thing was when they played each branch of the military's theme song and the veterans from that branch stood up. The Cub Scouts had lined up down each side of the school cafeteria & solemnly stood, saluting each one of the veterans as they stood up. I teared up & had to fight off full fledged sobs. The innocence, the purity of their patriotism....and knowing that some of those very Cub Scouts will likely grow up to become veterans themselves. What an honor to watch that part of the service tonight.

Thank you, Jesus, for allowing me to live in this great nation.

No comments: