Saturday, November 21, 2009

NaBloPoMo - November 21

Some random thoughts:

1. Getting paid just once a month stinks. Larry gets paid on the 1st & by the last week to 10 days of the month, we are "scraping the bottom of the barrel"!

2. Cub Scouts are such fun.



3. I've never been formally diagnosed, but I really believe that I have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).

4. That new recipe I tried tonight was awesome.......except for the fact that I forgot my tolerance level for huge doses of dairy products is low! (see #3)


5. The mountain of laundry I did today was whittled down to a small anthill by the evening. I hate laundry. (of course, I'm far too OCD to let someone else handle it....after all, it must be folded the RIGHT way!)

6. The only things I have left to buy for Christmas are (1) the kids' stocking stuffers, but I can get little do-dads & small candy anytime...no great expense there. (2) socks/undies for the kids (yes, I'm one of THOSE moms who give my kids necessities for Christmas!) (3) a $10 Payless Shoes gift card for Sarah (she lovessssss shoes!) and (4) something for Larry's grandmother. Other that those 4 things, I am completely & totally DONE!!!!!!!!!

7. Larry is awesome.

8. The new guidelines for breast cancer screenings from the Healthcare bill are STUPID. Yes, I said STUPID. I know farrrrrrrrr too many women who would not be here today if not for early detection. I hope that women use their brains & DO NOT abide by the guidelines set before us.

9. I am very excited to see some dear friends tomorrow who moved away several years ago. They're in town for a visit!! Welcome back to the homeland Clark & Kandice!!!

10. I am praying for Lisa's family as they embark on a new journey. Feel free to peek at her blog & follow along as well (click her name). You can go back in her posts & read up on what's going on if you want to. I'm sure they'd appreciate it!

11. It's 10pm. I need a shower. I need to clear all the (folded!) laundry off my bed so that I can get in it! Sigh. I guess I should go do that instead of sitting here.

PS If you are reading this on Facebook, you may not know that all of these notes are fed from my blog which is located at liz-ourblessedfamily.blogspot.com! Feel free to come to the real site to see the 'real' thing.

2 comments:

SandyL said...

I worked at a job that I got paid on the first and it was soooooooooo hard to make it to the end of the month :(

I think the new guidelines are dumb too about breast exams...if anything they should be earlier then 40!

Kathy said...

Kathy thinks you should post your recipies. Everything you make looks and sounds so good.