Friday, November 20, 2009

NaBloPoMo - Nov 19 & 20


As I type this, I'm hearing a couple of things.
1. my sweet husband's snores
2. the theme song to the Andy Griffith show (or should I say the 'theme whistle'?) The kids watched an Andy Griffith DVD at bedtime & I just realized that it went back to the menu where the theme song plays over & over til you turn it off. Guess I ought to go do that.
3. peace & quiet
Just thought you might want to know. I realize that was random, but it just seemed like something share-able.

Yesterday & today my classes at school at their Thanksgiving feasts. Although I do shop before Thanksgiving, I prefer to keep my focus on being THANKFUL until after Thanksgiving is over...so it was really weird feeling to put up my Christmas bulletin board before I left work. When we come back from the T'giving holidays, we will have moved onto Christmas celebrations around the world (our theme for the month of December) but still.... it just seems wrong somehow.

Today, I was thankful that my sweet husband could take our eldest offspring to the orthodontist. And that he was available to come by the school & check on a little issue I was having with the van. I was thankful that my class didn't lose their minds & bounce off the walls (too much) when we all discovered it was raining and we didn't have Treehouse or Music class today. (which means we were stuck in the room the entire day!) I was thankful for my next door teacher's idea to watch a movie & divert their attention for a little while. (We only watched for about 20 minutes...just enough time to make up for the recess we missed!) I was thankful for a good friend who was willing to share a digital camera she had upgraded from....and then thankful that I was able to put my old camera back together after it broke yesterday! (of course, it did fall apart again, but I figured out how to use it despite its brokenness, so it'll do til I can afford to upgrade to a nicer camera later on!) I was thankful to hear that a friend who had a heart cath done is perfectly fine with no heart issues after all! I was thankful that my son didn't REALLY need the Heimlich maneuver...and that my husband didn't kill him for faking that need. I was thankful for the ability to get a week's groceries cheaply and the chance to go to the store without any distractions (read: children).

I could go on, but I'll quit. My point is, I am so very blessed & I have reasons to be thankful almost constantly every single day. What are you most thankful for this year?

No comments: