Monday, August 25, 2008

The First Day of School

Today was the first day of school.  All summer, Savannah's been my most resistant to the idea of going back to school.  Today, however, she was the first one awake, tip-toeing into my room to wake me up at 6:00am.  Umm, no.  We're going to sleep a few more minutes, dear.  She was back in my face asking if I was awake yet (ha!) 10 minutes later.  I pointed out that she was way too excited for that early in the morning.  She just laughed & said "I probably won't be this excited by next week, so enjoy it now."  ha ha!  Knucklehead!  We got up & started our day a couple minutes later.  Before we left, I snapped this picture of all three kids in the front yard.

We dropped off Samuel & Sarah first and then went to the Junior High to drop off Savannah.  When we got home, I peeked at some pictures I took this morning, one of them being a picture of Savannah's back as she walked away into the big kid school.  And it hit me.  She wasn't holding her lunchbox in that picture.  But maybe she was holding it in front of her & I just couldn't see it.  I checked the fridge & her bedroom.  No lunchbox.  Ok, surely that was it---I bet she had it in her hand & with all the other stuff she was carrying, I just missed it.  Hmm....yes, that's it.  Turns out that it was in the backseat of the car.  I saw it as I headed into work, so I made a U-turn & took it to her school.  Poor kid.  I could just picture her panicking about having no lunch this morning.

All three kids said they had a good day.  All is well.   :::sigh:::  But if I can't find 9x12 manilla paper soon, I'm gonna scream!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the french horn case.  It reminds me of the good ol' days of middle school band.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried office depot for the manilla paper? Is there one around there? I don't remember. Anyway, that's the only place a friend of mine could find it.